Community Development Project
This wonderful community development program aims to support children right from the start of their educational journey. Located in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, the program is dedicated to helping underprivileged children into a better future. International volunteers are unlikely to find a more amazing location than this to help make a difference to the lives of others.
Touted as the tourism capital of Africa, this area hosts an array of adventure tourism activities, the ‘Big Five’ wild life and of course, the majestic Victoria Falls.
Launched in 2014, the program provides access to early childhood support services for thousands of children in need aged from four to six years old. The program is acknowledged as such an essential and credible initiative! Early Childhood Development centers are supported through the project to deliver essential educational services to local children. A willing workforce of volunteers is needed to offer on the ground support through coordination, expertise and passion.
- Interact and play with disadvantaged children in Zimbabwe
- Facilitate programs and activities in early childhood centers
- Stay with a wonderful host family and become immersed in the local culture
- Visit the spectacular Victoria Falls and check out the Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo and rhino)
The non-profit program provides a safe place for vulnerable children to attend classes where they are cared for and educated amid a life of poverty and instability. The project offer a solid foundation to start children on the right path, ensuring not only their educational needs, but their health and wellbeing needs are also being met. Volunteers on this program will experience the local area and participate in many aspects of delivering essential programs to children in need.
Volunteers contribute in a number of ways and can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Assist with the day-to-day running of program projects
- Converse in English to the children and interact with them – from feeding to playing
- Complete internal reporting
- Provide logistical support for projects
- Assist with projects to develop facilities
- Build/make play equipment for children