AFRO EDGE – ZIMBAMBE VOLUNTEER PROJECT PROFILE
Afro Edge is a project established in 2012 to mobilize international volunteers to support community development initiatives. Our aim is to promote new insights of the world and collective social responsibility, cultivate leadership and organizational skills, improve communication and problem solving skills, and improve the capability to work efficiently with different cultures. We seek to increase volunteers’ spheres of knowledge of cultural diversity and respect for others. We believe that every human being has to do their part in the bid to make the world a better place by encouraging international volunteering.
The formation of Afro Edge was a response to the continued dwindling financial support to community projects. The idea is based on the notion that sharing experiences, volunteering expertise and building leadership skills could be more beneficial and sustainable now and in the future. We seek to provide volunteer adventure activities that do not only make lasting impressions but significant changes to the communities we serve. We are different from other volunteer organizations because of a strong emphasis to our three-way linkage of volunteerism to development and eco-tourism.
Our obligation is to collectively working with local and international communities to support and empower children and youth through volunteer activities and sustainable development initiatives for the benefit of present and future generations. We believe that the world’s inequalities between the world’s rich and the poor are perpetrated by lack of understanding and appreciation of human diversity, the power of sharing knowledge and helping one another.
To collectively work with local and international communities to support and empower children and youth through volunteer activities and sustainable development initiatives for the benefit of present and future generations.
A world in which all people despite age, race, sex or religion champion volunteerism to promote equality towards ending global challenges.
- To create intercultural cooperation between people in the North and the South
- To promote volunteerism as a tool for sustainable community development.
- To create a better understanding of the African culture and value system amongst people from the North and the South.
- To promote a culture of volunteerism and contribute to a more cohesive society by building trust and reciprocity.
- To build up knowledge networks locally and internationally.
- To offer affordable and exciting volunteer projects in one of the magnificent world heritage sites, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
Afro Edge is committed to best business practices and fundamental principles of transparency, integrity and accountability. We nurture our own management style, typified by an open culture of trust, innovation and creativity.
Our Volunteer Projects
Afro Edge is currently running the following projects in Zimbabwe:
- Childcare and Development Project
- Community Development Project
- HIV/AIDS Prevention and Support Project
- Teaching at a Primary School Project
- Kindergarten Project
- International Workcamps
- Orphanage Home
- Medical and Healthcare Project
- Victoria Falls Rainforest Environmental and Waste Management Project